- Acura Transmissions
- Audi Transmissions
- BMW Transmissions
- Buick Transmissions
- Cadillac Transmissions
- Chevrolet Transmissions
- Chrysler Transmissions
- Dodge Transmissions
- Ford Transmissions
- GMC Transmissions
- Honda Transmissions
- Hummer Transmissions
- Hyundai Transmissions
- Infiniti Transmissions
- Isuzu Transmissions
- Jaguar Transmissions
- Jeep Transmissions
- Kia Transmissions
- Land Rover Transmissions
- Lexus Transmissions
- Lincoln Transmissions
- Mazda Transmissions
- Mercedes Transmissions
- Mercury Transmissions
- MINI Transmissions
- Mitsubishi Transmissions
- Nissan Transmissions
- Oldsmobile Transmissions
- Plymouth Transmissions
- Pontiac Transmissions
- Porsche Transmissions
- Saab Transmissions
- Saturn Transmissions
- Scion Transmissions
- Subaru Transmissions
- Suzuki Transmissions
- Toyota Transmissions
- Volkswagen Transmissions
- Volvo Transmissions
- 4-speed Transmissions
- 5-speed Transmissions
- 6-speed Transmissions
- Automatic Transmissions
- Manual Transmissions
- Used Transmissions
- Rebuilt Transmissions
*Attention Customers: Activate Your Warranty -or- Make a Warranty Claim
Terms, Conditions and Warranty
A Satisfied Customer is our Number 1 Goal
- The engine warranty covers block, heads, and all internals. Bolt-on accessories, wiring and sensors are not warranted.
- We are not responsible for improper installation and or labor charges.
- All returned parts or cancelled orders are subject to a 25% handling and restocking fees plus customer assumes all shipping costs.
- In the event that the buyer defaults in the terms of payment, the buyer agrees to reimburse GOT for all costs and attorney fees it incurs in collection action.
- All mis-ordered or mis-diagnosed parts will be assessed a 25% restocking charge and freight both ways, regardless of the reason.
- We do not assume towing, shipping, transportation, and car rental cost.
- Usual delivery time is about 7-14 working days but due to some unusual circumstances please allow additional time.
- All residential deliveries incur a $75 shipping charge, unless agreed to otherwise.
- Extended warranty will be activated upon notification of installation of part.
- Engine or transmission must be installed AND warranty activated within 10 days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED.
- Exchanges or Store credits only after the part has been in customer possession for more than 30 days.
- Although GOT makes every effort to make the part look as nice as possible before it ships no warranty or guarantee is made towards the appearance of that part.
- Make sure to inspect all parts before signing for them on delivery.
- The stated mileage is not guaranteed and is correct to the best of our knowledge.
- We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non replaced seals, gaskets or filters.
- OEM auto parts are interchangeable with multiple years, makes and models which means the same part is an exact fit for multiple makes and models as determined by OEM standards. We guarantee the part we sell to fit your vehicle.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Any engine and transmission returned not in the same assembled condition as it was received will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Transmissions are tested, visually inspected and cleaned.
CONDITIONS THAT WILL VOID WARRANTIES:
If the item is improperly installed.
If the item is used for racing.
If the item is operated without proper lubrication or cooling regardless of the reason.
Transmission Warranty - Full Detail
One-time Warranty Claim Service:
We provide a one-time warranty claim service for our products.
You may only file a single warranty claim on any product you purchase from us, without the possibility of filing any future claims on the same product.
Our warranty claim service professionals will work diligently to ensure your warranty claim experience is a success.
We reserve the right to charge any necessary fees in connection with the fulfillment of any valid warranty claim.
*PLEASE NOTE: Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty.
GOT warrants to the original purchaser that each used transmission sold by GOT shall be free from knocking, excessive oil consumption and cracks, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Transmission: As used herein, the term transmission shall mean, a used transmission supplied by GOT of the original manufacturer - Everything else is left on for convenience purposes only.
Subject to the limitations listed herein, GOT at its option will either give the customer another transmission of the like kind and quality, if available from GOT stock or refund the purchase price if GOT agrees the transmission is defective. GOT will not be responsible for any labor cost incurred by the customer.
This warranty applies only to the used Transmission. This warranty shall not apply to or include the following:
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any transmission item, including specifically, without limitation, to all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical, transmission control system, and all ignition system components, belts, hoses and filters.
- Any transmission used for competition racing or related purposes.
- Any transmission which has been repaired or remodeled to which any device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer specifications has been installed.
- Warranty DOES NOT apply to any transmission damaged as a result of overheating or lack of lubrication. The warranty will be void on any transmission returned with the heat tabs missing or melted out. Heat tabs will melt at 260 degrees and above.
- Warranty does not cover initial installation.
- Any warranty repairs must be authorized by GOT and will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Upon submitting the Warranty Claim, you MUST submit documentation, as required during the Claim process, within 5 business days or your claim will be denied, no exceptions. Furthermore, continued operation of the vehicle after an issue has been identified will void the Warranty Claim.
- If we elect to replace your transmission with another transmission, the replacement is considered to be a repair of the original unit. YOUR ORIGINAL DATE OF INSTALLATION and MILEAGE AT THAT TIME REMAIN IN EFFECT.
- CVT transmissions are not eligible for extended parts and labor warranty.
ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS & OWNER/USER OBLIGATIONS FOR THIS WARRANTY TO REMAIN IN EFFECT.
- Engine oil and filter MUST be changed at the first 1,000 miles after installation and remaining oil and filter changes to follow manufacturers suggested schedule. (Official Service Center Records must be kept - No personal maintenance records are accepted. (Hand written etc.)
- Oil and temperature light/gauge and speedometer MUST be in proper working order
- New thermostat MUST be installed
- New timing belt must be installed (if applicable)
**FAILURE TO PERFORM THESE OPERATIONS VOIDS WARRANTY**
The liability of GOT is solely and exclusively limited to supplying a replacement transmission if available or refunding purchase price. GOT does not assume and has no liability for labor costs or replacement of oil or anti-freeze, damage to other transmission parts or components towing charges, telephone calls, freight, lost profits, lost time, substitute transportation or replacement vehicle or any other consequential damages. GOT has no responsibility for any failure resulting from improper installation, modification of the product faulty or incompatible parts and accessories and/or abnormal use of operation.
Southwest Transmissions sells used automobile engines and transmissions, not used automobiles.
State and federal laws regulate odometer mileage for most used automobiles, but odometer mileage determinations for used transmissions and transmission parts are not practically possible, and are not subject to known state and federal laws. Determination of mileage use for used engines or transmissions cannot be done with certainty because these engines and transmissions are routinely sold and transferred separate and apart from the original vehicle in which they were installed. Therefore all representations of mileage are estimates based upon information and belief.
Southwest Transmissions does, however, offer extensive engine and transmission part warranties regardless of mileage, relying upon Southwest Transmissions expertise evaluation of its products.
In the event that the Buyer defaults in the terms of payment, the Buyer agrees to reimburse GOT for all cost and reasonable attorney fees it incurs in a collection action.
We do NOT accept anything Freight Collect.
1 Year Part & Labor: Terms and Conditions
COVERAGE INFORMATION: Coverage expires 12 months from purchase date or 12,000 miles from odometer at time of transmission installation; whichever comes first.
CVT transmissions are not covered under extended parts and labor warranty.
Transmission: The following components of automatic or manual transmission: Torque Converter, Oil pump, Governor, Drums, Planetaries, Sun Gear & Shell, Sprags, Shafts, Bearings, Shift Rails, Forks, Synchronizers. . External switches and sensors are not covered.
Seals & Gaskets: Seals and gaskets are replaced only as part of repair or replacement of covered components. Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered.
Replacement Parts (Including transmission): In case of a total breakdown of a part or transmission, the administrator’s obligation is limited to repairing or replacing broken covered components. It is the administrator’s decision to replace the transmission or to replace part(s) that are covered under this contract. If replacement of a transmission is required and a replacement transmission is not available we reserve the right to pay in cash the cost of replacement transmission’s value. If the transmission needs to be replaced under the coverage of this contract, QUT has the option to replace the said transmission with another used assembly of like kind and quality, or paying the contract holder the QUT wholesale replacement transmission cost. QUT will not be responsible for any freight costs incurred. Replacement of any parts or transmission will be done only once under this contract.
Refund Procedures: This product warranty is not cancelable or refundable.
Administrator’s Right To Terminate Benefits: In the event of a claim, administrator reserves the right to terminate the benefits of this product warranty upon the discovery of fraud or misrepresentation of a material fact by the purchaser or the purchaser’s representative. Evidence of fraud or misrepresentation is forwarded to the proper state and federal authorities. Any vehicle used in the commission of a crime will have all benefits terminated.
Purchaser may not have their required maintenance performed by a service facility that is owned or operated by the purchaser. Purchasers cannot perform their own maintenance for product warranty requirements.
Acceptable records documenting purchaser’s adherence to the vehicle manufacturer’s required maintenance are required in the event of a claim.
Acceptable records must be: issues on the date of maintenance, issued in the name of purchaser, be signed by purchaser, be electronically generated, issued by the commercial lubrication service facility performing the maintenance, include mileage, date, vehicle identification number, year, make and model, and include a record of payment and service performed. Any handwritten information on records, receipts or repair orders, pertaining to or documenting required maintenance are not acceptable.
Breakdown or failure of any listed covered component prior to benefit activation is not covered.
Any and all claims or damage resulting from: abuse, negligence, freezing, overheating of any type, failure to maintain proper coolant, fluid, refrigerant, or lubrication levels, personal damages, per diem expenses, storage fees, medical expenses telephone or rental charges, fire, flood, vandalism, theft, collision, acts of God, competition or racing, usages not approved by the vehicle manufacturer, improper load capacity, or improper towing, damages cause by contaminated fluids, coolants, or lubricants for any reason, misuse, road conditions, riots or acts of war. Leaking seals, gaskets or fittings are not covered. Vehicle components that require normal manufacturer’s recommended replacement intervals are not covered. Benefits are not active until all applicable fees or installment payment plan confirmation has been received by the administrator. Parts repaired under the transmission supplier warranty qualify for labor reimbursement only. Benefits are not active until the customer calls to activate warranty
Pre-existing conditions and problems that occur prior to the benefit activation date and mileage are not covered. Covered components are defined as components that have cracked or separated into pieces. Covered components that are flaking or have been damaged by excessive heat or scoring are not covered.
Any component not listed as a covered component, is not covered. Damage to a covered component due to a non covered component failure is not covered.
Incidental and consequential damages are not covered.
Vehicles with: a non-functioning odometer, alterations not approved by the manufacturer including, but not limited to, oversized or undersized tires and lift kits, and vehicles used for commercial purposes are not eligible for coverage under this product warranty.
Claims occurring outside the United States are not covered.
Once a claim has been initiated, the purchaser may not continue to operate the vehicle until a claim decision has been made continued operation will void the claim.
Any work or repair done to vehicle without prior written authorization from administrator is not considered an authorized claim.
Freight is not paid under this contract on any parts or transmission claims.
Towing & diagnostic charges are not paid under this contract.
Breakdown or failure means total inoperable. It does not mean a decrease or gradual reduction in the parts performance due to normal or abnormal wear and tear. Clutches are not covered under this agreement.
Commercial use is not covered unless box is checked and the surcharge is paid.
Breakdowns caused by mechanical alterations not meeting manufacturer’s specifications.
Breakdowns covered by factory recall.
Any covered part which is not broken or inoperable, which a repair facility recommends or required to be repaired or replaced.
Breakdowns to a covered part already replaced under the contract.
Liability for tear down is the customer’s responsibility.
Defective parts must be made available for inspection upon the claims administrator’s request
Breakdowns caused by excessive wear and tear for the year and mileage of vehicle are not covered under this contract.
Breakdowns that occurred while under another warranty of any kind
Breakdowns covered by manufacturer warranty or recall, distributor or repairers guarantee, any other written warranty, government or court orders, decrees or settlements, or any valid or collectable insurance policy.
Improper transmission installation.
We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non replaced seals, gaskets or filters.
Transmission cooler lines must be flushed or warranty will be void. Transmission may need to be relearned, reset or flashed by dealer AND may need electronic valve body replaced.
LIMITED LIABILITY FOR TRANSMISSIONS:
Parts and labor warranty begins on the 14th day & 501st mile after the part is installed. Warranty must be activated within 10 days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED.
QUT will reimburse the repairer up to $50.00 per hour for the repair of a part or assembly. These charges shall not exceed (a) 100% of the part price as indicated on your original invoice, and (b) applicable numbers of hours derived from labor allowances from nationally recognized labor time allowance manuals with a maximum allowable time of 10 hours.
Limit of liability is $2,500 (aggregate) or the actual cash value of vehicle whichever is the lesser amount at time of claim as determined by the low book amount in either KBB or the NADA Guide at company’s discretion.
Customer with warranty related questions can contact the warranty department by calling 1(866)319-1058 ext. 2063 or sending an email to DALE@AUTOPARTSEMAIL.BIZ .